Monday, June 24, 2013

Bird toy

A friend's baby had a bird toy that had a bell in it and was made of bright colors for her to watch in her car seat.  My first thought was that my 3 month old daughter would love the toy and that I certainly could make one.  My friend forwarded me the pattern and I immediately whipped two up :).  Here is the pattern, any my assessment is below.

 
Cost: FREE, I just used a couple of scrap pieces of material, ribbon and some bells I had sitting around
Time to complete: 30 minutes
Difficulty: Beginner
Notes: My friends bird had a little ribbon loop to hang it from the car seat and I loved this addition.  For the next ones I make, instead of cutting with the back along a fold, I will just cut two separate pieces (but sure to allow for the seam allowance) and sew the ribbon into the seam.  I sewed my ribbon loop on the back before assembling but that doesn't look as neat.  Also I put a bell in the breast of the bird so that it would jingle a little bit. Overall this was a great project and my daughter loves looking at the bright colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment